I believe that pets benefit from both traditional western medicine as well as some holistic treatments, and am happy to be offering these integrative therapies.
- animal acupuncture is the use of ultra-thin needles to stimulate specific points on the body that relate to the underlying circulatory and nervous system. It improves comfort and healing through its effects of increased circulation, release of endorphins, stimulation of the nervous system, and relaxation of muscles.
- animal electroacupuncture is the use of very low levels of electric stimulation to increase the effects of the acupuncture needles alone.
- laser therapy (aka "cold laser" or "low level laser therapy") is the application of photons of light into the tissues to reduce pain/swelling and increase healing.
Acupuncture, electroacupuncture, and laser therapy have been shown to complement traditional therapies in the treatment of many conditions, including:
- intervertebral disc disease and paralysis
- soft tissue injury (strains or sprains)
- skin disease
- urinary disorders
- gastrointestinal disorders
- ... and many more applications!
If you're in the Austin area and wondering if your dog or cat would benefit from acupuncture and/or laser therapy, I'd love to hear from you!